- your device
- a pencil
- a pen
- your homework
- your Notebook
Math contest April 29th go to room 18 and see Ms Doty. There is an online application. quick photo and team forming meeting in my classroom this Tuesday at lunchtime.
Warm up: Which one doesn't belong? Discuss with your shoulder buddy at a level two.
- Trade cards with another group. Check the work and give good advice. (10 min)
- Collaborative activity: Using Card Set B to link Card Set A (20 min)
- You will make a poster:
- Choose two of your completed cards from Card Set A and stick them on your poster paper with a gap in between.
- You are going to try and link these cards with one of the arrows.
- The cards will either have no common solutions, one common solution or infinitely many common solutions.
- Select the appropriate arrow and stick it on your poster between the two cards.
- If the cards have one common solution, you will need to complete the arrow with the values of x and y where this solution occurs.
- Add another completed card to your poster and compare it with the two already stuck down.
- Find arrows that link this third card with the other two and stick the cards down.
- Continue to compare all the cards in this way, making as many links as possible. If some of the cards are incomplete, you will need to complete them before comparing them.
- Whole class discussion
- Look at your solutions to the original task Working with Linear Equations and read through the questions I have written. Use what you have learned to answer these questions. Using what you have learned, have a go at the second sheet: Working with Linear Equations (revisited).
WS: Working with Equations (revisited)